What makes Twitter unique from the other social media networks is its character limit. If you want to post a link, it is best to use a URL shortener, like bit.ly. URL shorteners can track clicks as well as shorten the character count on URLs.
Before posting your products on Twitter, first things first; we must add some products. If you haven't done this yet, this article will show you exactly how to do it.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 7 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
How to Post a Product on Twitter
- Go to your storefront and then select a product that you want to post on Twitter.
- Highlight the URL in the address bar and either right-click and choose Copy or type Ctrl + C.
- Next up, go to bitly.com. Paste the product link, click Shorten and then Copy.
- Go to your Twitter profile and paste the link on the What's happening? status box. Type out a message and click Tweet.
- Your product is now posted to Twitter.
Tip: In bit.ly, you can also create an account to get more options with your links, such as customizing your link title and URL. You can also upgrade to allow for more links per month or to brand your URLs.
There are also tools out there that can help with bulk creation of bit.ly links. Check out this article which explains how to do this using a Google Doc and the bit.ly API.
How to Add a Tweet Button to Your Product Pages
- In your control panel, go to Marketing > Social Sharing.
- Input your Twitter Account URL.
- Click Social Sharing for Products
- Toggle the Enable Tweet button and click Save.
A Tweet button will now show up on your product pages. If your users click on it, a Twitter Tweet box will open up where you can modify how the content will be posted.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.