Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 or Current
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 5 minutes
The Advanced Settings is where you will find most of the Settings for your site, this will help you figure out where and what to find in each of the areas.
In this article, you will learn
How to Use Advanced Settings
Log into your Admin, go to Settings.
Once you’re there you will see multiple options to choose from, and in this article, we’ll go through each one to help you understand.
- Primary Settings - This is where you can set up your site name, notifications email, registered users are created. A Support @ email for customers to reach out to ask questions.
- Checkout Settings – Here you can control how a customer shopping experience is setup. You can control if they need to register to view products or prices, or even to just checkout. This will also allow you to control min/max to place an order, also what fields are required on the checkout page when placing an order.
- Security Settings – You will be able to control the life of the cookie on the site and amount of attempts on login any user gets before being blocked from doing this again, also the time
- they’re locked out for
- Localization Settings – This is your date, time format, your currency and weights and measurement format for your region. Also, you will be able to select the time zone you want to be listed for your cart so if you want orders to show CST you would set to a zone like America – Chicago.
- Email Settings – Here you can designate your sites email settings, here is a break down of what each mean:
\r = CR (Carriage Return) // Used as a new line character in Mac OS before X
\n = LF (Line Feed) // Used as a new line character in Unix/Mac OS X
\r\n = CR + LF // Used as a new line character in windows
- Wholesale Settings - Here you will be able to set up the discounts for your wholesalers. The levels and the discounts for each one.
- Printable Invoice Settings - Here you can set up what will be seen on each invoice that is printed, you can remove bits of information you wouldn’t like others outside your company to see.
Payment and Taxes
- Payment Methods - This is where you can see all the payment channels that are currently activated. You can also edit, add and remove
- Credit Card Storage – Anytime you want to turn on Credit Card Storage and use an external system for accepting customer payments, you can use this. For this, you will want to remember the username and password, if you don’t and can’t get in there is no way we can reset these for you without losing the information that was provided.
- Gift Certificates - here you can add and enable gift certificates.
- Fraud Detection - here you can enable fraud detection services. Before you can do that, you need to sign up for an account.
- Taxes - here you can configure and manage your tax rates.
Shipping and Delivery
- Shipping Methods - this is where you can configure all settings for your shipping methods, delivery systems.
- Shipping Settings - this includes display, handling, and real-time shipping method settings.
- Digital Download - here you can choose the number of times digital products can be downloaded.
- Countries – Anytime you want to edit, delete or add a country or code for shipping and checkout, you will do it from here. You can edit States, Provinces as well.
- Languages - you can find here all the languages that are used in your store. You can add, remove and edit all the language settings here.
- Currencies - here you can see all the currencies supported in your cart. You can add more, select a rate and add a custom currency.
- Notification Emails – These emails will help you keep track of what you want to see come through to you or the customer or what you don’t. For example, if a new customer registers on your site, you wouldn’t like to see this especially if it’s a high volume site, or maybe you do for data purposes to see what kind of numbers and interests your site is getting.
- Order Notifications – This is where you would set up the emails to your drop shippers, these emails will automatically be sent to a drop shipper once their product has been order. You will have to assign the drop shipper to the product as well for this to work. This can be done at the product level under Advanced.
- Administrators – From here you will be able to manage your administrators (not to be confused with your current profile that you’re currently logged into, which can be managed in the upper right-hand corner of the Admin) and change any privileges, passwords, user names, notification updates, etc.
- Admin Logs – Every time an admin logs into your cart, you can see what IP address, where they were and what they’ve changed in your cart, anytime you have questions on why something was changed you will want to refer to this portion of the Admin.
- File Manager – From the file manager you can upload single files or make changes to files that are already there. You will be able to navigate through and able to find everything that you have in your cart as far as design, and setup.
- API Access – Anytime a company you’re trying to use or integrate with your cart is requesting API Access you will input that information here. The only time you shouldn’t need to add any API Information here is for Real-Time Shippers as that will be done in the shipping portion of the cart.
- Backup and Restore – Here you will want to use this section anytime you make changes on your site, say if you update all your products and you want to change something in the designer. You will want to create a backup first before making any changes you can’t un-do yourself.
You typically don’t want to do all the options together if you have a lot of information on your site, you will want to break this down into sections; Database by itself, and then 3 more backups with what is left. Or do images by itself if you have a mass quantity of images.