Shift4 Payments provides merchants of all sizes and industries with a single solution that includes their secure gateway connection, point of sale integration, point-to-point encrypted (P2PE) EMV devices, and full merchant services.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 R1 - Current
Setting Up Shift4 in PinnacleCart
To setup Shift4 account for your business, first go to https://www.shift4.com/.
Once you've completed the signup with Shift4 and have obtained the Merchant ID, Access Token, Account ID, Site ID, Login and Serial Number, you are ready to setup this gateway within your PinnacleCart admin area.
Follow these steps:
1. Click Settings > Payments & Taxes > Payment Methods.
2. Click the Add Payment Method button at the top right.
3. In the Add Payment pop-up, select the Shift4 method you're setting up from the Payment drop-down.
4. Fill in your Merchant ID, Access Token, Account ID, Site ID, Login, Password, and Serial Number.
5. Now, click Edit to the right of Shift4. Click Advanced Settings. Set the following:
- Auth Type - Auth-capture will authorize the Credit Card of your customer and if it's good, it will capture the funds. Auth-only will only authorize the Credit Card. The funds would need to be captured later on the order. Merchants will typically choose this is they don't charge until the order is shipped.
6. Scroll down to Presentation Settings. Set the following:
- Payment Method Title - This is set to 'Credit Card Payment' by default. This is what your customers will see when making a payment.
- Priority - If more than one Payment Gateway is set up in your cart, priority determines how they are sorted.
- Checkout Page Instructions - This is what your customers will see after checking out the orders.
- Thank You Page Instructions - This is what your customers will see when the order is completed.
7. Scroll down to Other Settings.
- Input the URL to Gateway provided by Shift4 after creating your account.
Links to Related Articles.
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support