FTP otherwise known as File Transfer Protocol is a quick and easy way to mass upload and edit files without having to be in your admin account. This is also one of the best ways to fully backup your site (Database not included). FTP is a standard Network Protocol used to transfer computer files from one host to another over a TCP-based network such as the internet. For more information on FTP, you can click here.
If you are using CuteFTP as your FTP client, the following instructions will help you connect it to your cart's FTP service.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.0 - Current
Getting Your FTP Credentials
To get FTP login credentials, you need to reach out to support. You can contact us by calling 800-506-0398 option 2, submitting a ticket, or starting a chat with us at https://support.pinnaclecart.com. Prior to providing the credentials, we will be asking you to verify the last 4 digits of the credit card filed on your account.
How to use CuteFTP
- Open up CuteFTP and click on the File menu to expand it
- Click on New ->FTPS (SSL) Site to create a new profile to connect to.
- Populate the following fields with the appropriate information you got from support:
- Label - Use this to name your profile. This can be whatever you like.
- Host Address - This would be the domain name of your cart.
- Username - The username you got from support.
- Password - The password you got from support.
- Login Method - This is set to normal.
You will need to click on the Type tab and ensure that the Protocol type is listed as FTP with TLS/SSL (AUTH TLS - Implicit).
- Click OK to save your settings
You should now be able to connect via FTP
If you are unable to connect, please contact our support team so we may help you and go over your settings with you.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.