Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 or Current
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 5 minutes
In this article, you will learn
Activating Product Widgets
Product Widgets allow you to create HTML code snippets so that you can add your products to other sites like Wordpress or Weebly so that your products can display there. Widgets are enabled under Apps.
- In your control panel, go to Apps > App Center.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Apps list and click on Widgets
- Click Enable at the top right corner.
Creating a Widget for Products
Now, you will need to edit a product to create a widget for it.
- Go to Products & Categories > Browse Products.
- Select and click the product you're looking to create the widget for.
- Click the Widgets button.
4. Fill out the necessary information. These will affect the HTML that gets generated.
- Campaign: Select the campaign or the widget that you want the product to add to.
- Product URL Type: You can choose between Products Page Link and Add Product to Cart link. The former will just create a link to the product page of the product on your store, while the latter will take you to the product AND add it to the cart.
- Product Image: You have three options; Product Page Image, which is the full-size product image, Thumbnail, which shows the smaller version of your image, and No Image, which is no image.
- Widget Style: You have three different styles to choose from. Play with these to decide which one best fits you.
5. Click Generate after you've selected those options.
6. A new dialog box will show up which displays the HTML you need to add to your site. You will just highlight it, copy it and paste it where you want it to go.