See Adding a Promo Code to view hot to enable promo codes in general. This article is for specifically creating a promo code that makes a product or products free. You will be able to choose which Product(s) and Categories to assign this promotion to. It can be limited to a single Product, or an entire Category.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 - Current
To setup a free product promotional code, follow these steps.
- Click Marketing > Promotions > Add Promo Code.
- Under Promo Type select Product-based.
- Create a Title and if desired, change the Promo Code to one you’d like to provide the customer, such as ‘FreeProduct’.
- Set Discount as 100 and Discount Type as %.
- Set Minimum Order Subtotal if you’d like the customer to spend at least a certain amount to get the free product.
- Set your Start and End Dates for the promo code.
- Click Save.
- To add a product, multiple products or categories to a promo code, you must edit it after you’ve saved it.
- To assign a single product, under Assign Products select the category the product is in, select the category and click Add.
- To add an entire category of products, select the category under Assign Categories and click Add.
- Click Save when you’re done.
Links to Related Articles.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support