Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 10 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
MailChimp is an email marketing service provider, founded in 2001. It has over 6 million users that collectively send over 10 billion emails through the service each month. With MailChimp, you will be able to set up monthly newsletters — or weekly depending on your preference. This is done by creating a Campaign.
You can also create Templates, save them for another time, or always have them on hand for use. You will also be able to export your customer email lists from the cart to the MailChimp client to make it easier to send out those Newsletters.
If you’re using Outlook you can integrate Mail Chimp as well to make it easier for you to send and receive.
How to Access Mailchimp
This Guide will walk you through how to set-up MailChimp for your Cart.
- In your control panel, go to Apps> App Center.
- Locate and click Mailchimp.
- Click Sign up for a Mail Chimp account.
How to Set up Your Mailchimp Account
- Select Sign Up Free in the top Right.
- Fill in your Email, Username, and Password.
- You will receive an email to verify your registration. Just click "Activate Account" to proceed.
- You will be redirected back to Mailchimp to continue setting up your account.
- After your account is set, you will need the API information to activate it in your store.
- Click on your account name in the top right, then select Account.
7. On the next screen, click Extras then select API Keys.
8. Scroll down and click Create A Key.
Your API Key will be displayed on the next screen.
Activating your Mailchimp Account
1. Go back to the control panel from where you left off. Navigate to Apps > App Center then select MailChimp.
2. Since you're all set, click Enable.
3. Enter your Mailchimp credentials such as username, password, and the API Key. Then click Activate.
Provided that the information you entered is correct, your Mailchimp Account is now activated. For further information on managing Mailchimp from their interface, please refer to their Help Center.
How to Export your Mailing List
- In your control panel, go to Orders & Customers > Customers.
- Click Export Subscribers. This will export a CSV that you can upload into Mailchimp for your mailing list.
For more information on uploading to Mailchimp, please refer to this article.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.