Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 5 minutes
A Purchase Order (PO) is a document sent by buyers to sellers that authorizes a sale or purchase transaction. It has the lists of items the buyer agrees to purchase at a certain price point. It also contains the delivery date, terms of payment for the buyer, and the PO number that will be used to track the purchase.
How to Set up Purchase Orders
You can set up Purchase Orders as a custom payment method.
- In your control panel, click the Settings > Payment & taxes > Payment Methods.
- On the Payment Methods page, scroll down and click Please choose your payment solution... drop-down menu under Third-Party Payment Providers.
- Select the Custom Payment option, then click Setup.
4. Add Purchase Order (Offline Payment) in the title.
5. Checkout Page Instructions: you may want to use this section to add some instructions that explain how to send in payment for their order or maybe even some messaging about any net terms you would like them to agree to.
6. Thank You Page Instructions: appears on the cart’s Thank you page or the Completed page that shows up after the user completes the checkout process.
7. Select Activate.
Now that your new Purchase Order payment method is enabled go test it out by going into your storefront, adding items to your cart, and proceeding to checkout. You should see your new Purchase Order payment methods as one of the payment options.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.