Google Analytics is one of the widely used and powerful tools to help you bring more consumers to your website. It helps you fix issues you might not be aware of, tracks your traffic, and gives tips on how to improve your SEO.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Average
Estimated Time for Completion: 10 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
How to Set up a Google Analytics Account
Before adding Google Analytics to your website, you will need a Google account. If you don't have one yet, sign up here. Once you already have a Google account, you can now sign up for Analytics.
Follow these steps:
- Go to https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/#/provision and click Setup for Free.
- Create an Account name and then click Next below.
- Provide Property details such as the Property name, Reporting time zone, and Currency. On the Advanced options, you can opt to Create a Universal Analytics property. Then click Next.
- Now, provide your Business information by selecting the Industry category, Business size, and How do you intend to use Google Analytics with your business? (Check all that apply). Once done, click Create.
- The Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement will then show up. Choose your Country, then tick the "I also accept the Data Processing Terms as required by GDPR" and "I accept the Measurement Controller-Controller Data Protection Terms for the data that I share with Google" boxes. Click I Accept.
- You will be directed to your Google Analytics Administration page and the My email communications will appear. Check the applicable options for your account and click Save.
- Choose a platform and fill out the necessary fields.
- Once done, copy the Tracking ID and the tracking code or the Global Site Tag listed on the page. You will need to input it into your site.
How to Add Google Analytics into PinnacleCart
- Go to Marketing > Google Tools.
- Click Enable Google Analytics.
- In the Analytics Tracking Code text area, paste the code that you copied from your Analytics account. Click Save once you're done.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.