Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 or Current
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 7 minutes
In this article, you will learn
Currencies can be added to give options to customers on how prices are displayed, and how they can pay for their orders. The default currency is US Dollars. Any addition to this will allow the customer to select “International” from any page on your cart and switch to a different country’s currency.
How to Add or Edit Currency Options
- In your Admin area, go to Settings >> International Settings >> Currencies.
- Click Add Currency
- Choose the Currency that you want to add. (This allows you to choose from our generated Countries/Currencies to add to your cart.)
- Choose the Rate (This allows you to adjust the rate at which you observe this currency.)
- Select Add Custom Currency.
- Fill in the required details.
- Click save when done.
- Code: Enter a unique identifier for the currency being built.
- Title: The name of the currency. This is the terminology offered to the customer to select for this currency.
- Rate: This allows you to adjust the rate at which you observe this currency.
- Decimals: The number after the decimal point.
- Symbol Left: This is the currency symbol that will present to the left of the price digits. If you are unable to produce the symbol necessary from your keyboard you can also enter the HTML Entity code for the symbol you would like.
Note: Whichever currency you select as default will be the one that customers will first see when they arrive at your website. You can select a currency other than USD, make it default, then delete USD to have your website offer only one non-USD currency.
How Customers Can Choose a Currency
Once you added more Currencies on your website, a new link: "International" will appear on your site's footer. Once customers click on that link, they will be redirected to the International Settings page where they can choose from the Currency options that you offer.