Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 or Current
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated time for Completion: 8 minutes
In this article, you will learn
Wholesale Discounts allow you to provide discounts on products or orders for specifically selected customers. Once wholesale discounts is turned on, you will see an option on Customer Accounts to mark them as a wholesaler.
If you choose to discount individual products, then an option will appear on products to apply the discount for those customers you've assigned as wholesale. See Adding a Product. The customer can only get the discount by logging into their account.
Adding Wholesale Discounts
In Wholesale Discounts, you can choose to discount either individual products or orders.
Discount Individual Products
If this is selected, you can apply discounts to only certain products. You can choose 1, 2 or 3 different levels of discounts. You can set a minimum order subtotal for the discount to be eligible.
How to activate Discount Individual Products:
- In your control panel, go to Settings >> Store Settings.
- Click the Wholesale Settings tab
- Click the circle beside "Discount individual products"
- Choose the Wholesaler Discount Levels and set the minimum order total.
- Click save when done.
Once you're done setting up the Wholesale Discounts for individual products, you will need to select the products that you want the discount to be applied.
How to Add Products for the Wholesale Discounts:
- Go to Products & Categories >> Browse Products.
- Select the product that you want to apply the Wholesale Discount to. Click the product to edit.
- Set a Wholesale Discount price for that product.
- Click Save when done.
If this is selected, the entire order will be discounted. Again, you can choose 1-3 levels. You will also be able to set a minimum subtotal in order for the discount to apply. Set the percentage off you’d like each level of Wholesaler to have.
Applying Wholesale Discount to Customers
- In your control panel, go to Orders & Customers >> Customers.
- Select a customer from the list and click on their name or edit to select them.
- Under Account Information, go to User Access. In the dropdown, change it from Standard User to Wholesaler Level 1.
- Click Save when done.
Disable Wholesale Discounts
- Go back to Settings > Store Settings > Wholesale Settings.
- In the drop-down select Disable Wholesale and save.