This article will guide you through the steps on you how can customize your customers' checkout experience.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 or Current
How to Edit Checkout Settings
- In the admin section, go to Settings >Store Settings>Checkout Settings.
In the Checkout Settings section, you can adjust any setting that you feel would improve your customer's checkout experience.
Checkout Settings Options
- Require customer login to view price - Enable this by clicking the toggle on button. With this feature enabled, your customers will be unable to see product prices without logging in.
- Visitors can add items to their cart - This is enabled by default, you can turn this off by clicking the toggle off. With this setting off, only those with accounts can add products to their cart.
- Customer accounts - Select whether you allow guests to checkout, require a login, or don't allow account creation.
- Starting Order Number - This where you can increase your starting order number here.
- After Product Added Go To - You can choose the Current Page, which is the product or category page the product is added from, or you can choose Cart Page.
- Continue Shopping Link - This page will redirect customers when they click "Continue Shopping". If you will leave this empty, they will be sent back to the homepage.
- Default shipping address to billing address - If enabled, customers will have to click a link to enter a different shipping address.
- Display terms and conditions checkbox - Having this on (default) will display a link on your checkout page to your terms and conditions page, which the customer must check to be able to checkout.
- Allow out of inventory orders - Enabling this will allow products to be purchased even when they are out of stock.
- Inventory Stock Updates When:
> Order completed - The inventory of your products will update when you manually set an Order Completed status.
> Payment received - Inventory updates when payment is processed, either at checkout or later manually.
> Order placed - Product inventory is updated as soon as the order is completed by the customer.
> Add to cart - Inventory is updated as soon as a customer adds the item to their cart. This is useful when customers keep an item in their cart for hours, days or weeks, and you'd like them to have it reserved.
- Enable gift message - This will add a gift message text area to your checkout page.
After you've adjusted all the necessary checkout settings, don't forget to click Save.