Order Notifications is a great tool for drop-shippers as it sends an email to specific recipients after a product is purchased. This article will show you how to enable this feature.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 - Current
Complexity Level: Medium
Estimated Time for Completion: 5 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
How to Create and Enable Order Notifications
- Go to Admin area >> Settings >>Notifications Settings >> Order Notifications.
- Click Add Order Notification button.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- To enable Order Notifications, simply tick the box beside Enabled then click Save.
Let's go through each field:
You can choose what type of Notifications this is for. Here is the list of options you have to select from:
Company Name - This the name of the company that will be receiving the Notification.
Location ID - This can be anything but you can use it if you have multiple Cities, States, Warehouses, etc. For example, if I have 4 warehouses in Phoenix, you could list them as follows:
This is to help you tell them apart. In order for a Product to have multiple locations, you would need custom work.
Contact Name - This is going to be your go-to person on the other end that will be handling the order and receiving the notification.
Email - This is the email address of the individual you placed as your Contact Name. If you want to add Multiple Email Addresses to a single Order Notification, you can achieve this by using a comma (,) to separate them.
Type - As listed above, you have multiple options to choose from, and you can be descriptive as to what type of shipper they are by choosing Other.
Special Instructions - These will provide your Shipper or whoever is receiving the Notification with instructions to follow each time an order is sent out. This is what they will see every time. If you want this to update for each Order, you will need to change each time.
Once you have completed all the details, click Save.
Note: You can create as many Order Notifications as you would like. After you have activated your Order Notifications, you will first want to choose how these are sent out. This can be done by clicking Advanced Settings in the upper right-hand corner. Click on this and then you will see 2 options in the drop-down.
Payment is Received - The Notification will be sent out once the Payment is Received. So once this is marked, the Notification will go out to your vendor.
Order Status set to Complete - The Notification will be sent out once the Order is mark Completed. So for this option, you only need to set it to "Completed".
Note: Please be advised this type of notification setup is geared towards your suppliers and/or shippers, and not for your customers.
How to Assign Order Notifications
- Go to the "Browse Products" section under Products & Categories.
- Select the product that you want to assign the notification to.
- Open product settings and under product type, select Tangible. Make sure your product is Tangible as this will only work for that type of Product.
4. Next, scroll down to the "Shipping, Weight & Dimensions" section.
5. You can find the option to assign your product location. Choose where you would like this Notification to go and you're all set.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the PinnacleCart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.