PinnacleCart now has a feature in Version 3.9 that will allow you to create a Contact Form or any kind of form that will suit your needs. A Custom Form will allow your customers to fill out information for contacting or a request to become a wholesaler. Those aren't the only options, there are many more that this could be used for. It's just up to you on how you would like to use the form.
Custom Forms give your customer a way to communicate with you and your company if you don't have options for a chat or phone support.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 or Current
Complexity Level: Average
Estimated time for Completion: 7 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
How to Create a Custom Form
- Go to Front-End >> Custom Forms.
- Click "New Form" in the top right to add one. Or, you can use the pre-generated Contact Us form.
- To create a new form, you need to fill out the required fields:
- Form Title - What the form will be called, or a rough description of the form.
- Form ID - Must be unique within forms, so for example, my current form is, "Contact Us", I can then break down the form ID to contact-us.
- "Is this form active" - you can choose to turn forms on and off.
- Enable captcha - reCAPTCHA feature must be enabled in cart settings. To do this, go to Settings>>Advanced Settings>>Store Settings>>Captcha Settings>>Enable Recaptcha (I suggest using Google Captcha code).
- "Display form title?" - Displays the form title you entered earlier.
- Email data to qualified admins - This will send out new form requests to the Admins with this option turned on within their Admin profile (user).
- Redirect to URL after form submitted - You choose where you would like to redirect your customers after the form has been submitted if turned off will just take them to the "Thank you for submitting page".
- Redirect URL - Landing page after submitting a form (only works if the previous option is turned on).
After you have filled the initial details, you can save the form and then create the fields you would like. For my form (as seen below), I'm keeping it pretty basic. I'm mainly looking for information that will allow me to open up communication with them but you can have as many fields as you want.
Adding a Description & Thank You Message
This will allow you to provide form instructions and a thank you message. The "Thank You" message will only be displayed if the Redirect URL from above isn't turned on.
Assigning Custom Forms
Since you've added a Custom Form, you can assign it to an existing site page such as the About Us or Contact Us page.
- Go to Site Pages >> then select your Custom form.
- In the drop-down menu, choose which of the site pages you want to insert it.
After that, the site page will have your new custom form embedded with the instructions and fields you've added. The website will also have a link for this text page to get you to the new form. In the example below, it illustrates how my form looks within my site page.
After you test your form and submit the necessary information, you'll see a Thank You page:
Your Custom Form is now created and you're ready to use it on your site!
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the PinnacleCart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.