In this article, you will learn
Applies to version(s): 3.9.0 or Current
Complexity Level: Average
Estimated time for Completion: 7 minutes
If you are getting the error "Invalid domain for site key" also seen below, then follow the steps below to create a new captcha key with your correct domain.
Creating a reCAPTCHA Account
- Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#list.
- Log in with your Google account. (If you don't have any sites registered to use the reCAPTCHA API, you will need to register a new site.)
3. Choose a Label. (Since you can create multiple reCAPTCHA for the different parts of your website, adding a label will make it easier for you to identify it.)
4. Select reCAPTCHA V2 >> Checkbox.
5. Enter your website domain.
6. Accept reCAPTCHA Terms of Service.
7. Click Submit.
You need to be sure to include the www version of your domain and the version without www. Also note, if you are using a subdomain to put that in such as shop.domain.com depending on what you are using the carts URL.
Fixing Captcha Error
- In your admin area, go to Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Store Settings >> Security Settings. Scroll down below to see Captcha Settings.
2. Tick the box beside "Enable reCAPTCHA" to expand captcha settings. In the reCAPTCHA Public Key field, enter your Site key from reCAPTCHA. In the reCAPTCHA Private Key, enter the Secret key from the step above.
3. Click Save.
This will automatically add CAPTCHAs to the default forms of your site, like the Register page.
CAPTCHAs added by the reCAPTCHA integration will not show up on custom forms. For example, if you made a contact form on the Contact Us page, reCAPTCHA will not show up there. You must code these forms with CAPTCHAs manually.