If you choose to enable the Inventory Tracking option for your products simply input the inventory quantity value and the system will automatically decrease this value any time a user purchases a product from your store.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
In this article, you will learn:
How to Setup an Inventory For Your Products
Follow the steps below to edit products and add inventory.
- Go to Products & Categories > Browse Products to add a new Product or Edit an existing one by clicking on it.
- If you're editing a product, scroll down to the Availability & Visibility Options and you'll see the Inventory Tracking Options dropdown.
- No inventory tracking - this is the default option. The product's inventory will not be tracked.
- Track inventory at product level - with this enabled, you are only tracking the product itself. If the product has Attributes, selecting this option would reduce the stock for the entire product.
- Track inventory at variants level - If you have Attributes on a product, you may want to track each individual option. For example, if you offer different sizes of a t-shirt, you'd likely want to track each size since you only have limited stocks for each size. See Adding Attributes to Your Products.
Setting Up Inventory at Product Level
Follow the steps above and select Track inventory at the product level. New options will appear, which you will need to fill out.
- If product/attribute is out of stock - you have two options; you can either choose Do not display, which means the product will not show up on your site, or you can choose Show "Out of stock" message, which will allow the product to be visible, but with a message showing that it's out of stock.
- Number of items in inventory - set the physical number of the available products you have on stock. Whenever your item is purchased, you will see this number reduce every time you check the product.
- Notify threshold - set a value where you will receive a notification stating that your inventory is low. You can set it as equal to or less than the specified threshold. It will send the Administrator an email when the inventory reaches this number.
Setting Up Inventory at Variants Level
Choose Track inventory at variants level under Inventory Tracking Options. Again, you will want to set how you want the variants to be displayed if they're out of stock.
Note: If you have combined variants, such as Color: Red and Size: Large, they will always display the Out of Stock Message instead of not being visible. It's impossible to make them invisible since both Red and Large could be used with other variants.
Before you set the tacking of your inventory to variants lever, you must make sure Attributes are set up first. Click the Attributes & Variants tab and click the Add Attribute button and fill out the form that opens.
After the attributes are created, you will need to create Variants. Click the Attributes & Variants tab and click the Add Variant button.
You will need to set the 'Number of items in inventory', as well as 'Notify when inventory reaches'. The latter value will send Administrators an email when the inventory has reached tenumber.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.