UPS is one of the Real-Time Shipping options built-in your cart. It communicates with your UPS account to pull in shipping rates for where you're delivering.
Note: Before setting up any Real-time Shipping Method, you will need to add weight to your products and set up an Origin Address.
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 8 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
Registering for your UPS Account
If you don't have a UPS account, you will need to create one before adding UPS to Pinnacle Cart. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit.
2. Click Sign up.
3. On the Application Profile page, fill out the appropriate fields options here, making sure you write down your user ID and password you put here for later.
4. Make sure you agree to the License Agreement or it will not let you continue.
5. Once you're at the Confirmation page, look for the email coming from UPS to confirm that your account is all set up.
Obtaining your UPS XML Access key
1. On the page after the confirmation page, click on the Request an access key link.
2. Make sure on this page you fill out the Secondary Contact Information.
3. Now, check your email account for the XML access key as you will need this for the steps below.
Adding UPS to your Cart
The next step is adding UPS to your cart. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Shipping & Delivery > Shipping Methods.
- Select the Add Domestic Method if you're shipping to the country in your origin settings.
- You will see below the options for your country. Select UPS in this case and choose the method you wish to allow.
4. Next, click Shipping Settings and then the Realtime Shipping Methods tab.
5. Scroll down to the UPS Settings section, fill out the form with all of the UPS credentials provided to you in your confirmation email.
That's it! Just add a product to your cart and checkout to make sure UPS is being quoted properly.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.