USPS (United States Postal Service) is one of the Real-Time Shipping options we offer within PinnacleCart. It communicates with your USPS account to pull in shipping rates for where you're delivering.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
In this article, you will learn:
Setting up USPS Web Tools Account
Note: Before setting up any Real-time Shipping Method, you will need to add weight to your products and set up an Origin Address.
If you don't have a USPS Web Tool, you will need to create one before adding USPS into PinnacleCart. Follow the steps below:
Click the Register Now button to start the process.
2. On the registration page, be sure to fill out all the fields appropriately.
3. Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use and hit the Submit button.
4. Once you arrive at the Confirmation page, you will want to look for an email from USPS. It will contain your USPS Username, USPS Password, and the production URLs. You will need the username for PinnacleCart.
Adding USPS into PinnacleCart
The next step is adding USPS into PinnacleCart. Follow these steps below:
1. Go to Settings > Shipping & Delivery > Shipping Methods
2. Select the Add domestic Method if you're shipping to the Country in your origin settings.
You will see below the options for your country, Select USPS in this case, and choose the method you wish to allow.
3. Next, click Shipping Settings and then the Realtime Shipping Methods tab. Scroll down to the USPS Settings section, fill out the form with all of the USPS credentials and URL provided to you in your confirmation email.
That's it! Now just add a product to your cart and proceed to checkout to make sure USPS is being quoted properly.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.