USPS (United States Postal Service) is one of the Real-Time Shipping options we offer within PinnacleCart. It communicates with your USPS account to pull in shipping rates for where you're delivering.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 R1 - Current
In this article, you will learn:
Setting up USPS Web Tools Account
Note: Before setting up any Real-time Shipping Method, you will need to add weight to your products and set up an Origin Address. Learn how to add weight at Adding a Product and adding an origin address at How to Enable Shipping - Start Here.
If you don't already have a USPS Web Tools, you will need to create one before adding USPS into PinnacleCart. Follow the steps below:
Click the Register Now button to start the process.
2. On the registration page, be sure to answer all the questions appropriately.
3. Agree to the License Agreement and hit the submit button.
4. Once you arrive at the Confirmation page, you will want to look for an email from USPS. It will contain your USPS Username, USPS Password, and the production URLs. You will need just the username for PinnacleCart.
Adding USPS into PinnacleCart
The next step is adding USPS into PinnacleCart. Follow these steps below:
1. Go to Settings > Shipping & Delivery > Shipping Methods
2. Select the Add domestic Method if you're shipping to the Country in your origin settings.
Below you will see the options for your country, Select USPS in this case, and choose the method you wish to allow.
3. Next, click Shipping Settings and then the Realtime Shipping Methods tab. Scroll down to the USPS Settings
section, fill out the form with all of the USPS credentials and URL provided to you in your confirmation email.
That's it! Now just add a product to your cart and proceed to checkout to make sure USPS is being quoted properly.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.