Setting up categories can help organize your products into different sections. In PinnacleCart, you have the option to add a category one by one or upload them in bulk.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 8 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
Adding the Category
Follow these steps on how to add categories to your cart.
- In your control panel, go to Products & Categories > Add a New Category.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Click Save to apply changes.
Your Category must have a Title and Category ID. The Category ID is the unique identifier of the category and is used for the bulk category import feature. This can be the same as the Category Title but without the spaces.
Before choosing a Parent Category, it’s important to understand the concept first. A Top Level category is an all-encompassing type of category. An example of this would be Clothes.
A Child Category would be nested within the Parent Category. In most themes, these would appear in a drop-down menu under the Parent Category. An example of this would be Men's Shirts. You would assign these to another category in the Parent Category section. You can have unlimited child categories.
- Order of appearance - will sort or list your categories based on the number chosen. 1 would be at the top or far left of the list, and numbers higher would appear below or to the right.
- Visible? - sets the category to be available for viewing on your storefront. You may decide to disable a category during certain times. An example of this would be seasonal categories such as Halloween.
- Stealth Category - a category will not be visible in navigation or site searches when customers use your site. However, they are accessible via direct URL.
- Show sub-categories images on category page - show the children/Sub Category images on the main/parent category page.
- Show sub-categories on category page - show any children/Sub Categories on the main/parent category page.
- Show category on home page - show the category page on the store's landing page.
- Description - The texts added here will be the Description of the category. This will appear towards the top of the page on your storefront.
- Category Images
- Upload category image - select which image from your hard drive you wish to set as the image for your category page.
- Upload category thumbnail - select which image from your hard drive you wish to set as the thumbnail for your category.
Search Engine Optimization
Here you can set the Meta Title and Meta Description for your category. This is for SEO purposes and will show you how the category is displayed in a search result. You can also edit the Category URL to customize it. By default, the generated URL will suffice. It's a flat, clean URL that is very SEO friendly. However, you may need to customize it to match the URL you had with a previous provider. This is for advanced SEO and should only be changed by advanced and experienced users.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.