Braintree Payments provide the global commerce tools people need to build businesses, accept payments, and enable commerce for their users. Learn more at their website.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 5-10 minutes
Enabling Braintree Payments
Follow these steps to enable the Braintree Payments gateway in PinnacleCart.
1. In your admin area, click Settings > Payments & Taxes > Payment Methods.
2. Click the checkbox on the right to enable.
3. In the lightbox window, enter in the Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key provided to you by Braintree. If you don't have these, contact Braintree support to obtain them.
4. After you enable it, click the Edit link on the right.
5. From here you can click on the Advanced Settings tab to see Advanced Settings and Presentation Settings to modify the gateway.
Environment - If you're testing, use Sandbox. If you're ready to go live, use Production.
Transaction Type - Sale will authorize and charge the card. Auth will only authorize the card, so the customer can be charged at a later time.
Payment Method Title - This is how the payment will appear to your customers on the checkout page.
Priority - If you have more than one payment gateway enabled, priority determines how they're listed. The lower the number, the higher it will appear in the list.
Checkout Page Instructions - This will add text to your checkout page, right above the gateway.
Thank You Page Instructions - This text will appear after the checkout page, on the Completed page. It is meant to deliver a thank you message to your customer.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.