Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 - CurrentComplexity Level: Easy
Moneris is a Canadian provider. All amounts will be in CAD unless configured differently within your merchant account. Moneris processes more than 3 billion credit and debit card transactions a year, for over 350,000 merchant locations across North America. They have over 1,300 dedicated employees who understand transaction processing and know how to make it work for you.
Transaction processing is their primary business. Moneris is the industry leader because they focus all energy on the three key elements of processing - technology, innovation and people. These core strengths differentiate them in the marketplace and allow them to deliver exceptional value in transaction processing.
Note: Moneris will not work under medium trust. You will need to use full trust for this gateway to function.
How to Setup Moneris to your Cart
In order to enable and use Moneris as a payment option, please follow these steps:
- Click Settings > Payments & Taxes > Payment Methods.
- Click Add Payment Method button at the top right corner.
- Locate and select Moneris (under Canada) from the drop down selection.
4. Enter your Store ID and API Token information.
Note: To get your API Token in the Moneris Virtual Terminal go to Admin > Store Settings and the API Token will be displayed at the top of the page.
5. Click Activate.
Testing with Moneris
To access the Merchant Resource Center in the test environment go to https://esqa.moneris.com/mpg
Moneris provides a shared testing environment. Login information is provided at the Merchant Resource Center.
- Edit the Moneris gateway configuration page in Pinnacle Cart.
- For Merchant Login, use "store1", "store2", or "store3" (without quotes),
- For API Token, use "yesguy" (without quotes).
- Change the Gateway Mode to Test Mode.
- At the top of the page, click the SAVE button.
- Using the credit card numbers listed below. Note the information below on transaction amounts.
- Be sure to change the Gateway Mode to Live before processing real credit card transactions.
Moneris Test Credit Card numbers
- Visa Approved: 4242424242424242
- MasterCard Approved: 5454545454545454
- Amex Approved: 373599005095005
- Diners: 36462462742008
TRANSACTION AMOUNTS: The test environment will approve and decline transactions based on the penny value of the amount field. For example, a transaction made for the amount of $399.00 or $1.00 will approve since the .00 penny value is set to approve in the test environment. Likewise, a transaction made for the amount of $5.35 or $13.35 will get declined since the .35 penny value is set to decline in the test environment. Transactions in the test environment should not exceed $1000.00.
DUPLICATE ORDER NUMBERS: Since Moneris only provides a shared test environment, you may get an error about duplicate order numbers. If this should happen, you can change the value of the Pinnacle Cart order number to some high value (eg. 10001) to avoid the problem.