Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated time for Completion: 7 Minutes
Shift4 Payments provides merchants of all sizes and industries with a single solution that includes their secure gateway connection, point of sale integration, point-to-point encrypted (P2PE) EMV devices, and full merchant services.
Setting Up Shift4 Payment GatewayTo setup Shift4 account for your business, first, go to https://www.shift4.com/. Once you've completed the signup with Shift4 and have obtained the Merchant ID, Access Token, Account ID, Site ID, login and Serial Number, you are ready to set up this gateway within your PinnacleCart admin area. Follow these steps:
- In your control panel, go to Settings > Payments & Taxes > Payment Methods.
- In the Third-Party Payment Providers, select Shift4 from the dropdown menu.
- Click Setup.
- Fill in your Merchant ID, Access Token, Account ID, Site ID, Login, Password, and Serial Number.
- Auth-capture - will authorize the Credit Card of your customer and if it's good, it will capture the funds.
- Auth-only - will only authorize the Credit Card. The funds would need to be captured later on the order. Consumers who choose this authentication option don't get charged until their order is shipped.
- Payment Method Title - This is set to 'Credit Card Payment' by default. This is what your customers will see when making a payment.
- Priority - If more than one Payment Gateway is set up in your cart, priority determines how they are sorted.
- Checkout Page Instructions - This is what your customers will see after checking out the orders.
- Thank You Page Instructions - This is what your customers will see when the order is completed.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.