One of the most widely-used payment gateways is Authorize.Net.
In this article you will learn
To setup an Authorize.Net account for your business, first go to http://authorize.net.
Click Get Started in the header.
Click the SIGN UP NOW button.
Fill out the Online Payment Services Application.
Once this form is completed, you should receive an email which contains an activation link. Authorize.Net has a video which explains the next phase of activation. View the Activation video found at http://www.authorize.net/videos/.
Now you must obtain your API Login and Key. Follow these steps:
- Login to your Authorize.net account.
- Click Account.
- Click API Login ID and Transaction Key under Security Settings.
- Under Create New Transaction Key, enter your Secret Answer.
Note: When obtaining a new Transaction Key, you may choose to disable the old Transaction Key by clicking the box titled, Disable Old Transaction Key(s). You may want to do this if you suspect your previous Transaction Key is being used fraudulently.
- Click Submit.
Once you've completed the signup with Authorize.Net and have obtained the API Login ID and Transaction Key, you are ready to setup this gateway within your PinnacleCart admin area.
Follow these steps:
- Click Settings > Payment Methods.
- Click the Add Payment Method button at the top right.
- In the Add Payment pop-up, select the Authorize.net method you're setting up from the Payment drop-down.
More than likely, you will be setting up Authorize.Net AIM 3.1. Follow the steps above and continue here:
In the Payment drop-down, select Authorize.Net AIM 3.1 > fill in your API Login ID and Transaction Key > click Activate.
Now, click Edit to the right of Authorize.net AIM 3.1. Expand Advanced Settings. Set the following:
- Test Request - This puts Authorize.Net into test mode, meaning no real money is changing hands. It allows you to test to make sure your account is active and working.
- Auth Type - Auth-capture will authorize the Credit Card of your customer and if it's good, it will capture the funds. Auth-only will only authorize the Credit Card. The funds would need to be captured later on the order. Merchants will typically choose this is they don't charge until the order is shipped.
- Enable Cardinal Centinel - If you use Cardinal Commerce, you can enable it here. See Cardinal Centinel.
- Duplicate Window - If a transaction is submitted within the time specified, and it used the same Credit Card, it will be considered a duplicate transaction and will not be processed.
Expand Presentation Settings. Set the following:
- Payment Method Title - This is set to 'Auth.net 3.1' by default. This is what your customers will see when making a payment. You might want to change it to 'Credit Card Payment' or something similar to avoid confusion.
- Priority - If more than one Payment Gateway is setup within your cart, priority determines how they are sorted.
Expand Other Settings. The URL to Gateway should not be changed if you are using Authorize.Net as your Gateway. However, some merchants run their gateway through another provider, but use Authorize.Net as an emulator of sorts. If you are, you can enter your actual gateway URL here.
Expand Supported Card Types. This is where you can add additional cards that you accept, or disable ones you don't. For example, if you don't accept American Express, you would disable it here.
Authorize.Net AIM 3.0 is hardly used anymore, but may be in use for those that have been with Authorize.Net for awhile. Follow the steps to get to Payments, and in the Payment drop-down, select Authorize.Net AIM 3.0. Fill out the Login > in Authentication Method, choose whether you authenticate with a Password or Transaction Key > enter the Password or Transaction Key into the Password field.
If you edit Auth.Net 3.0, you will have the same Settings options as you have with Authorize.Net AIM 3.1 above.
Authorize.Net CIM is the method you would need to setup if you plan to offer Recurring Billing. CIM, Authorize.Net CP 1.0 and Authorize.Net eCheck.Net are all setup the same exact way as Authorize.Net AIM 3.1. Following the instructions above will allow you to set these up.
Links to Related Articles.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support