With our new feature, the Filtered Menu, customers can now easily filter products in categories by very specific filters that you set. Here's how to set it all up.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.5 R1 - 3.9.x SeriesComplexity Level: Medium
Estimated Time for Completion: 20 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
Enabling Filtered Menu
1. Click Apps on the left-hand side of your Admin area. Find and click the Filtered Menu app.
2. Click the Enable button.
3. You will then be routed to the Active Apps page where you will see all of the Apps you have enabled. Once in the Active Apps page, click the highlighted Filtered Menu.
4. Scroll down and click Setup Filtered Menus.
Creating a Feature Group
A Feature Group is a group of features you can filter by. For example, if you sell clothes, shoes, and sporting equipment, you would want to create a Feature Group for each of those products. Later, you would add actual Product Features, such as size, color, brand, and sex for both clothes and shoes. For Sporting Equipment, group the products if they belong to outdoor or indoor sports. Finally, create the actual filters, like Large, Small, Men, Women, Balls, Hoops, Baseball Bats, etc.
1. Click Add Feature Group at the top right corner.
2. Type in the name of the Feature Group, make sure it's active, and click Save.
3. On the next page, click Add New Product Feature.
4. Add a Feature Name. Again, this is the feature you will actually have filters for, such as Size, Brand, Price, etc. Make sure Feature Active is selected and click Save Changes.
Adding Filters to Categories and Products
Now that you've created the features you'll be filtering, it's time to add to categories which features will be available, and add to products which options you can filter with.
1. Go to Products & Categories > Browse Categories then select the category that you need to apply the filter group. Click Product Features Groups then Assign Product Features Groups.
2. Select the Feature Group on the left under Available Groups, and click the right-pointing arrow to push it to the right under Assigned Groups. Click Save Changes.
3. Go to Products & Categories > Browse products then select the product that you will be adding the filter option to. Scroll down, expand Features and choose Assign Feature Group.
4. Just like on your category, you will want to push the Feature Group from the left to the right and click Save Changes.
5. You will see your features in the Feature Group listed. Now, start typing the filters you want to apply to the product. Like mentioned earlier, if you're dealing with clothes and sizes, you might type in XXL, XL, L, M, S, XS. You might have another filter for gender where you type in Men's and Women's.
6. Save the product and click the link at the top to view it on the storefront. Go to its category and you will now see the filters listed on the category page. If you select the filter and click Apply Filter, only those products assigned to that filter will show up.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.