PayPal is one of the most popular and secure ways of paying online.
Why use PayPal?
PayPal is one of the most widely used digital payment solutions offering a way to seamlessly proceed through checkout on your site. Your customers can rest assured they're using a secure, trusted, and reliable payment option when PayPal is available. It benefits those that are not comfortable using their credit or debit card online. It also allows purchases worldwide, in over 100 currencies. Even when using another merchant service, it's good to have PayPal enabled as an additional option for your consumers.
Do customers need a Paypal account to pay with PayPal?
Customers do not need an account to complete their PayPal orders. You (as the merchant) can actually set up within your PayPal account the option for your customers to checkout as a guest.
How to Setup a PayPal Business Account.
For both payment options, PayPal Express and PayPal Standard, you will need to create a PayPal Business account. Follow the instructions below;
1. To begin, go to PayPal Business' signup page here. Select Business Account and click Next.
2. You will then be asked if the account you will be using is for a registered business.
If you select Yes, you need to fill out the information as seen on the screenshot below:
If you select No, these are the information you need to fill out:
4. Once you're done filling out the information, tick the box below the ZIP code field as proof that you read and agree to Paypal's E-Communication Delivery Policy, User Agreement, and Privacy Statement. Then click Agree and Create Account.
5. You must describe your business for Paypal to know the kind of business you operate. Under the Business Type dropdown, you can choose either Individual/Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Corporation, Nonprofit Organization, or Government Entity.
6. Once you've chosen the business type, additional fields will appear. Under the Product or service keywords, type the keyword that describes the products or services you offer. Then from the results, choose one that fits best. What are your monthly sales? is a dropdown menu where you can select your estimated sales per month. If you have a website, type it in the Website (optional) field. The screenshot below is an example of the Individual/Sole Proprietorship option.
Note: If you select Partnership, Corporation, Nonprofit Organization, or Government Entity under Business type, an additional field will appear prompting you to provide your IRS Employer Identification Number for tax purposes.
7. After filling out the information, Tick box under PayPal Business Debit Mastercard, then click Continue.
8. To help your account be secured, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) and your Birthday. You also have the option to edit your business address. Once done, click Submit.
9. You will now see your Paypal Business' dashboard. However, you still need to verify the email address you use to register to Paypal Business.
10. Check your inbox. You should have received an email from Paypal with the heading Confirm your email address. Click the Confirm Your Email button. A new tab will open prompting you to enter your password to complete the email verification process.
Once done, your Paypal Business account is now all set!
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.