If you decide to charge tax for your state-side customers on your site, this article can walk you through how to set it up.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
1. Navigate to the Dashboard of your cart. Path to this area is <your Domain Name>/login.php
2. Go to Settings > Payment & taxes > Taxes from the left side menu.
3. Select Add Tax Rate button. Click Save once all information has been entered.
Tax Rate Details
- Title: The name you would like to identify the new Tax Rate with.
- Tax Class: This allows you to select from current Tax Classes you have built (Instructions below).
- Country: This allows you to determine which country the Tax Rate is applied to. All Countries is the default setting.
- Tax Rate,%: Set this to the Tax Percentage you intend to use.
4. Select Manage Tax Classes.
5. Click Add Tax Class button.
Title: This is the presented name of the Tax Class you are creating which will be available to choose from the Edit Product page under Advanced Settings.
Key / ID: This is the unique identifier for your Tax Class used by the back end for tracking purposes.
6. Once you're done, don't forget to hit Save.
This area allows you to set up default tax settings for products without specific tax settings. Select Advanced Settings.
Apply Tax to Orders By: This allows you to predetermine how taxes are applied. Options include: Order Shipping Address, or Billing Address if there is no Shipping, Order Billing Address, or Default Tax Country/State (which is determined by the following settings below).
Default Tax Country: This allows you to set the default Country where taxes are based from.
Default Tax State/Province: This allows you to set the default State/Province where taxes are based from.
Enable Tax Exemptions: This allows you to Enable Tax Exemptions.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.