When you first start up with a paid service with PinnacleCart, you have the option to purchase a RapidSSL Certificate. An SSL is a security certificate which makes the information your customers enter into your website encrypted, and thus secure. It's possible for you to bring your own SSL to PinnacleCart, but the majority of our customers opt for the RapidSSL.
Having an SSL is all you need to make your site secure. It shows as https in the address bar of your browser instead of http, along with a lock icon. However, some store owners like to have the additional Site Seal provided by RapidSSL, so their customers can see it directly on the website. This article shows how to add the Site Seal to your website.
Applies to Version(s): 3.7.X - Current
Note: In this article, you will learn how to add a Rapid SSL trust logo to your site. Please be aware that all this does it provide a visual queue to your customers that the site is secured. It has no securing functions in itself.
Downloading the Rapid SSL Site Seal.
- Click the image attached to this article, located at the very bottom.
- Right Click the image > Save As and save it locally to your computer/device.
- Insert the image on secured pages of your site. For this you can use the WYSIWYG editor on the footer of your site or create a custom HTML box. See below.
Adding a Rapid SSL Logo to your site using the WYSIWYG Editor.
- Login to your admin area.
- Go to Design > Cart Designer.
There are 3 sections from the home page where you can use the WYSIWYG Editor; the header, the footer, and the center body section (home.html). You'll know if a section can be changed by the WYSIWYG if you right-click and see an option for WYSIWYG Editor. To learn more about what a WYSIWYG is and how it works, see How to Use the WYSIWYG Editor.
We'll show you how to add the Site Seal to your footer, since this is a common area to display it.
- Scroll down to the footer area > right-click > choose WYSIWYG Editor.
- Choose an area you'd like to place the logo > Click the Add/Edit Image icon at the top.
- Next to the source field, click the Moxie Manager button.
- In the Moxie Manager pop-up, select where you'd like to upload the icon. Typically this would be in the Images folder.
- Once you've made the choice, click the Upload button at the top. In the next pop-up, click Add Files > select the image from the location you saved it above > click Upload.
- Select the image and click Insert. This will insert it into your footer.
- Finally, click OK > Click Save.
Adding a Rapid SSL Logo to your site using HTML in a side panel.
You can also add the logo directly using HTML. You can add HTML anywhere on the site. Like the WYSIWYG, the way to get there is to right-click on areas and choose Edit Source Code.
Before that, however, you will need to upload the image. Best way to do this is through the File Manager.
- Click Settings > Advanced Settings > File Manager.
- Again, choose which folder you'd like to upload into, click Upload at the top left.
- Click Browse > select your image > click Upload. Remember the folder you uploaded it to. In this case, I've uploaded it into the /images folder.
- Now, navigate back to your Cart Designer. Click Design > Cart Designer.
We'll be adding the image to a side column, in this example, the right column.
- Click Widgets > Create New Widget.
- Give the widget a title, I used Rapid SSL Site Logo. In the Widget HTML section I pasted in the following HTML for an image;
<img src="images/RapidSSL_SEAL-90x50.gif" />
- Of course your HTML may differ depending on where you uploaded the image.
- Click Create.
- Now just drag and drop the box from the Widgets section into the area you'd like to keep it.
- Finally, just click Save at the bottom right and choose whether to Save for this page only, all pages or specific pages.
Links to Related Articles.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.