If you ever wanted to change the Fonts and your site and weren't sure how to do so this article will guide you through that. Everyone likes something different in the aspect of style, this will help you adjust the Font on your site to your style, or how you want your business to look.
Applies to Version(s): 3.7.0 - 3.8.2r2 (or Current)
How to find the area you want to edit
Note: Through out each version of the cart from 3.7.0 and on, more and more changes were made to the Cart Designer, so this may not be the exact same setup for each version.
1. Login to your cart Admin area.
2. Click Design > Cart Designer.
3. Find an area that you would like to edit and right-click > select Edit Visual Properties.
4. After you select Edit Visual Properties you will then see a screen like the following:
How to change the Font for an area
Now we’re in the Styles Editor we can find each area that we want to change, and for our example above we’re changing the Menu. Now I’ll walk you through each of the changes we can make on this screen with the area that we have selected:
1. These are directing you to the area that we have just selected when opening. You’re not limited to what you can edit, you can go through different areas of the page and change them as well while you have this open. These are just mainly highlighting what we’re currently demonstrating.
2. This is where you make the actual changes.
- Family - The style of your font, you can click here to learn more about Font Families. This will give your font a life of it’s own and add more style to your site if you wish
- Size - This is always important, too small and your customers won’t see what they’re looking at, too big and it spreads your site out and makes it to bulky.
- Color - Here you can use Html color codes that will give you that specific color you’re looking for. Click here to find out more.
- Weight - This is something that is like making your text either a heavier or lighter view. Like for example when you’re using MS Word and you select Bold for your headline. Click here to learn more about Font Weights.
- Font Style - This is where you can add that Italicize effect to your lettering or make your text inherit. Click here to learn more about Font Style.
- Decoration - You will be able to give your Font the underlying effect or strike through, providing a little extra. Click here to learn more about Font Decoration.
3. This will give you a preview of your changes before you save and move on. This will give you an idea of how the size and look will be once you hit save.
Links to Related Articles.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support