SimpleBooklet is an easy to use slider tool that will give you the full functionality of a custom slider. If you're not looking to spend a lot on a website this is the option for you. You can easily upload new images and sales banners with no hassle.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.0 series
Complexity Level: Medium
Estimated Time for Completion: 20 minutes
Simplebooklet is an app in Hootsuite that allows you to make web booklets from scratch or convert your existing PDF marketing collateral. Easily share your booklets to your social networks, track the number of views, monitor engagement via analytic's and more! It's not a true slider in the sense but is a very workable replacement for what you're looking for in a small business without breaking the books.
SimpleBooklet is very easy to get and signup for, using any of the social media accounts listed above.
Once you're logged in, you will have 3 options to start with:
- Upload: You can use any instructional PDFs or Documents that you give to customers and format that into SimpleBooklet.
- Blank Booklet: You can start with a clean sheet and build and add any which way you would like
- Import From Canva: You can choose from one of the multiple templates Canva has.
I'm going to briefly walk you through how to set up a basic booklet, using Blank Booklet.
When you select Blank Booklet you will have many different options to choose from, depending on where you're adding this on your page. You can create side widgets, or you can create a large scale slider for your home page. I'm going to select Slider for this example.
1. Give your Booklet a Name, Provide Author Name, and a brief description to help you later if you need to come back. Then, click Next.
2. Now you're set up and ready to start designing your slider. From playing with this for a few hours it doesn't look like there are too many limitations to what can and can't be done. So try and push the limits here and see what you can do!
What I did for mine was Created a header page:
3. Next, I clicked Right to create a new Page (Left to go back a page), and this time I chose to add an image.
4. After you have finished designing your Booklet, you will want to make sure you Save.
5. Click Share.
6. Under Publishing Options, go to Embed On A Web Page then click iFrame Embed Code.
Now Just copy the code and you will be ready for the next step.
1. Copy the Code from this box:
2. Now Navigate to Cart Designer>Right Click Home Page Image>Select WYSIWYG Editor>Select Source Code>Paste Code
3. Once you get your code into place (Place at the top of current code with "<div></div>" tags (opening and closing). Then click Save.
If you have successfully copied the code, it would look something like mine, you will have to re-size, and you can Right Click and Inspect Element out of cart designer on the front end to get the size of the image to match the width.
Note: Once you have this installed, and the sizing looks off, just look in the code and you will want to adjust either Height or Width to get this to fit properly. The code won't automatically adjust in the cart.
You can go back to SimpleBooklet.com and edit your Booklet within "My Booklets", Click Edit on the Booklet you wish to Edit and then make your changes from there. After you make your changes you will have Copy the new code back into Cart Designer in the area as the previous code. Make sure you create a backup before doing so and make sure the previous code has been removed.
If you need assistance with implementing this, contact your account rep at 602.734.0244 option 1.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.