You can use a .csv to easily upload hundreds of categories at once. This article will help and guide you through the steps.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Bulk Importing Manufacturers via a .csv File
You will need a .csv file for importing your manufacturers in bulk. You can download the blank template at the bottom of the page.
Note: The import requires only two columns in your .csv, Manufacturer code and Manufacturer Name.
To upload the .csv, follow these steps:
1. Click Products & Categories > Manufacturers > Import.
2. Step 1 of 3: Select the options that apply.
- Delimiter used to separate data sets the type of .csv you’re importing. Typically, this is Comma separated by default.
- How to handle existing manufacturer visibility has two options:
1. Update only new manufacturers visibility will only show and update the newly added manufacturer ID on the store front and in the upload file.
2. Update both new and existing manufacturers visibility will show and update the new and previously added manufacturer ID on the store front and in the upload file.
- Manufacturers visibility on Import will set whether the manufacturers contained within your .csv will be accessible or not on your website.
- Click Browse under Choose CSV file to find and select the .csv from your hard drive. If you downloaded the template above, the file can typically be located in your Downloads folder.
Note: The CSV file you wish to upload should not be bigger than 2MB
- Click Continue.
3. Step 2 of 3 of the bulk loader is basically a mapping page. Make sure that the drop-down menus on the left match the data on the right. If they don’t then click the drop-down menu to find the data which best matches your row. Also, do this if the drop-down menu says Skip.
Deselect Skip first line if your .csv doesn’t contain a header row.
Click Continue when you’re satisfied.
4. Step 3 of 3 is the confirmation page. It will display if it was successful and the number of new and/or updated manufacturers. Click Cancel to return to your manufacturers list or Return to Import Tool to import more manufacturers.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.