You can use a .csv to easily upload hundreds of categories at once. This article will help and guide you through the steps.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.0 - Current
Bulk Importing Manufacturers via a .csv File
You will need a .csv file for importing your manufacturers in bulk. You can download the blank template at the bottom of the page.
Note: The import requires only two columns in your .csv, Manufacturer code and Manufacturer Name.
To upload the .csv, follow these steps:
1. Click Products > Manufacturers> Import.
2. Select the options that apply:
- Delimiter Used to Separate Data sets the type of .csv you’re importing. Typically this is Comma separated by default.
- How to Handle Existing Manufacturer has two options. The first Update existing manufacturers on storefront and add new categories from uploaded file will update manufacturers, add manufacturers or both, depending on what your .csv contains. Remove existing manufacturers and add new manufacturers from file will wipe all of the current manufacturers on your store and add only the ones contained within your .csv.
- Manufacturers Availability on Import will set whether the manufacturers contained within your .csv will be accessible or not on your website.
- Click Choose File to find and select the .csv from your hard drive. If you downloaded the template above, the file can typically be located in your Downloads folder.
- Click Continue at the top right.
3. Step 2 of 3 of the bulk loader is basically a mapping page. Make sure that the drop-down menus on the left match the data on the right. If they don’t then click the drop-down menu to find the data which best matches your row. Also do this if the drop-down menu says skip.
Deselect Skip first line if your .csv doesn’t contain a header row.
Click Continue when you’re satisfied.
4. Step 3 of 3 is the confirmation page. It will display if it was successful and the number of new and/or updated manufacturers. Click Cancel to return to your manufacturers list or Return to Import Tool to import more manufacturers.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.