You can recommend other products on all of your product pages. This article explains how you can create a group of Recommended Products.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
How to Add Recommended Products and Product Families
1. Click Products & Categories > Recommended Products.
You can tick the box before the word Title to select all the Product Family, or select only the specific one you wish to see in your site. You can also select and click Bulk Actions to delete them in all at once.
2. Click Add Recommend Products Group to create a product family.
3. Add a Title for the group and click Save.
4. You will see the Recommended Product Group in a list after saving. Click the Title or Edit button to add products to it.
5. Under Products, select the Category you’d like to add products from. Once done, select the products you want to add from the Products in selected categories list. You can press Shift + Left Click to select multiple products or categories in a row, and Ctrl + Click (Command + Click on a Mac) to select product or categories not next to each other.
Adding Recommended Product Group to a Product
The idea of a Product Family is that all of the products are related. For example, you may have shoes that match a dress, so you would put these into a Recommended Product group, or you may have electronics that regularly are sold together.
Once you’ve created the family, you will want to add it to each of the products that are in the family. So in the above shoes/dress example, you would edit both products and add the family to both.
Go to Products & Categories > Browse products > Choose the products you mean to add to the Recommended Products then click the Edit button.
Once in the Editing Product page, click Recommended > click the groups under Available Groups > then click Add. Save the product once done.
Note: You can add multiple product groups to a product.
Difference Between ‘Products You May Like’ and 'Recommended Products'
Products You May Like is a list of other products within the same category.
Recommended Products shows the products in the family you made and do not have to exist within the same category.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.