UPS is one of the Real-Time Shipping options we offer within PinnacleCart. It communicates with your UPS account to pull in shipping rates for where you're delivering.
In this article, you will learn
Note: Before setting up any Real-time Shipping Method, you will need to add weight to your products and setup an Origin Address. Learn how to add weight at Adding a Product and adding an origin address at How to Enable Shipping - Start Here.
Registering for your UPS Account.
If you don't already have a UPS account, you will need to create one before adding UPS into Pinnacle Cart. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit.
2. Click Register
3. On the Application Profile page, Fill out the appropriate options here, making sure you write down your user id and password you put here for later.
4. Make sure you agree to the License Agreement or it will not let you continue.
5. Once you arrive at the Confirmation page, you will want to look for an email from UPS. to confirm your account is setup.
Obtaining your UPS XML Access key
1. On the page after the confirmation page, click on the request an access key link.
2. Make sure on this page you fill out the secondary contact information.
3. Now, check your email account for the xml access key as you will need this for the steps below.
Adding UPS into PinnacleCart.
1. From within your PinnacleCart admin Go to Settings > Shipping.
2. Click the green Add New Method at the top right hand corner.
3. Select the Country you're shipping to > Select Real-time > Select UPS > and select each FedEx option you'd like to offer for shipping to the destination you've chosen.
4. Click UPS Settings.
5. In the UPS Settings pop-up, fill out the form with all of the UPS credentials provided to you in your confirmation email.
That's it! Now just add a product to your cart and checkout to make sure UPS is being quoted properly.
Links to Related Articles.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.