Pinnaclecart can import folder containing multiple data. csv files, of variables simultaneously rather than having to import them all individually.
Bulk Importing Categories Via a .csv File
Csv is required for importing bulk files. Use existing template or download the blank template found at the bottom of this page.
To upload a .csv file, follow these steps:
From your admin panel, navigate to Products & Categories>Browse Categories then click Import.
Step 1 of 3: Select the options that apply.
- Delimiter Used to Separate Data sets the type of .csv you’re importing. Typically this is Comma separated by default.
- How to Handle Existing Categories Visibility has two options.
1. Update only new categories visibility will only show and update the newly added Category ID on the store front and in the upload file.
2. Update both new and existing categories visibility will show and update the new and previously added Category ID on the store front and in the upload file.
- Category Visibility on Import will set whether the category contained within your .csv will be visible or not on your website.
- Click Choose File to find and select the .csv from your hard drive. If you downloaded the template below, the file can be found in your Downloads folder.
After you're done selecting your options, click Continue at the top right.
- Step 2 of 3 of the bulk loader is basically a mapping page. Make sure that the drop-down menus on the left match the data on the right. If they don’t, then click the drop-down menu to find the data which best matches your row. Also, do this if the drop-down menu says skip.
- Deselect Skip first line if your .csv doesn’t contain a header row. If you use the template attached or a template from a category export, leave this on.
- Click Continue when you’re satisfied.
Step 3 of 3 is the confirmation page. It will display if it was successful and the number of new and/or updated categories. Click Cancel to return to your categories list or Return to Import Tool to import more categories.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.