For Google Site Verification, Google offers a couple of different methods to verify your site. This is the way to do it with a meta tag. A Meta Tag is required by Google for Google Analytics. This also requires you to verify your site within Webmaster Tools or Google Analytics.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Average
Estimated time for Completion: 10 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
What is a Meta Tag
A Meta Tag is a way for Search Engines to find certain information on your website. They're added in the header of your pages to provide a guide for Search Engines (like Google) to index your information on the site, such as products and pages. It also allows you to then later view pages visited, products, times visited to help give you an idea of what kind of traffic your site receives.
How to add a Meta Tag
- Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/.
- Sign in to Google Console using your Google account.
- Click on the Menu icon on the left corner beside Google Search Console.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Add property.
5. In the property type, choose URL Prefix then enter your site URL and continue.
6. Scroll down under "Other verification methods" and click on the HTML tag drop-down.
7. Copy the meta tag provided.
Where to upload the file
- Log in to your control panel. Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > File Manager.
- Navigate to [cart root] Then go to content > engine > design-rework > templates > wrappers > elements > element-custom-head.html and then paste the meta tag you copied in step 7.
3. Click Save.
4. Go to Front-End > Manage Themes > Edit Theme >> Revisions > Re-publish.
5. Go back to Google Search Console and then click Verify under the HTML tag method. You should get a prompt that the site was successfully verified.
That's it, you should be good to go!
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.