When you submit a sitemap, Google can easily crawl on your site and can provide information about the pages, videos and other files on your site and the relationships between them. Sitemaps will allow Google to navigate your site more easily, which in turn will help them index your content in a much better way.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Advanced
Estimated Time for Completion: 10 minutes
How to Generate a Sitemap
- Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/.
- Sign in to Google Console using your Google account.
- Click on the Menu icon on the left corner beside Google Search Console.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Add property.
5. When asked to select a property type, choose URL Prefix. Enter your site URL and continue.
6. Scroll down under "Other verification methods" and click on the HTML tag drop-down.
7. Copy the meta tag provided.
8. Login to your PinnacleCart Admin. Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > File Manager.
9. Navigate to [cart root] Then go to content > engine > design-rework > templates > wrappers > elements > element-custom-head.html and then paste the meta tag you copied in step 7.
10. Click Save.
11. Go to Front-End > Manage Themes >> Edit Theme >> Revisions then click Publish.
12. Go back to Google Search Console and then click Verify under the HTML tag method. You should get a prompt that the site was successfully verified.
13. Now that your website is added to the Search Console, you will be able to see a menu on the left. Under the Index tab, click on Sitemaps.
14. Add a new sitemap by typing this link - sitemap.xml.gz beside your site URL. Then click submit.
That's it! You have successfully submitted a sitemap.
Links to Related Articles
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.