Intuit Payment offers no setup fees, monthly fees, or cancellation fees, making it a convenient payment service. Receivers of bank-to-bank payments pay only get a flat fee of 50 cents every transaction. Sending money is free and accepting credit card payments cost 3.25% of the transaction amount.
This article will guide you on how to update Intuit Payment Services. Make sure to follow these steps carefully:
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 - Current
Complexity Level: Advanced
Estimated Time for Completion: 30 minutes
2. Sign up for a new Intuit Developer account or sign in with your existing intuit login. (This goes much smoother if you use your existing intuit login for this.)
Create an app to generate your development keys. Use the app for yourself, your clients, or make it available to all QuickBooks users by listing it on the QuickBooks app store.
1. Sign in to the developer portal. From the menu at the top-right select My Apps. On the My Apps Dashboard create a new app by clicking the + Create an App button.
2. Select QuickBooks Online and Payments.
3. Enter a name<any name> for your app. Be sure to select the "Payments" scope and select the countries you want to accept connections from, and click on Create App.
To go live, you will need QuickBooks Online production Oauth keys. Production keys allow your app to access and interact with production QuickBooks Online data.
1. Complete your account profile and verify your email address.
3. Go to your app’s dashboard, click Production. Select an industry from the list or None of the above.
4. Provide a logo and name for your app. Refer to the Naming and logo guidelines page. This will help your clients identify your app.
6. Click the Keys & OAuth tab under Production to get your production keys.
Your app is now able to access QuickBooks Online data.
Download the patch for your version of the cart in the URLs below. <please note if you do not see your cart version in the links below please reach out to support. If you're doing this on your own and are hosted with us, check in with support to be sure you are on PHP 5.6.x for the 3.8.7 R2 patch. If you are hosted on your own server, check with your host before applying the patch.
3.8.7 r2 <php 5.6.x required>
3.8.7 r3 <php 7.2.x required>
3.9.0 r2 <php 7.2.x required>
Once you finish downloading, unzip the package. Open up your FTP client and locate the folder on your computer. Login to FTP for the server and upload them to the root directory of your store. (Learn how-to here.)
After the file uploads have completed, navigate to http://yourdomainname.com/update_intuit.php (change "yourdomainname" to your own domain) to run the database update script. This will now update your cart to the latest version of Intuit. Once finished, you can log in and see if there are any further update links at the top of the admin area home page. If there is, you will want to run each of them until the links no longer appear.
Log in to the admin area.
If you are on 3.8.7 and, please go to Settings > Setup your store > Payment methods and edit your settings for Intuit Payment Services.
If you are on version 3.9.0 go to Settings > Payments & Taxes > Payment methods and edit your settings there.
In here, you will plug in the client ID and client secret you got from the above steps.
Once saved, please click the Connect Button on the payment method list. and sign in with your actual intuit payments account login credentials and pick the company assigned to your payments account.
NOTE: As per the Intuit Payment Method's flow, this session will last up to 100 days before it expires, and then the user/merchant needs to authorize again, which is to click the Connect Button on the payment method list.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.