You can setup custom payment methods for multiple different purposes. Once of the most common questions is how to setup Purchase Order payments. This guide will show you how.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.0 - Current
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 5 minutes
How to Setup a Custom Payment Method to be Used for Purchase Orders
Note: Pro tip: Some merchants prefer to have their users type in a Purchase order number or invoice number. This can be added to the cart using the ’custom fields’ feature which is explained here.
1. In the cart admin, click the Settings > Payment Taxes > Payment Methods.
2. On the Payment Methods page, click the Add Payment Method in the top right.
3. In the box that pops up, click the Choose Payment Method drop down and scroll all the way to the bottom. Select the Add Custom Payment option.
4. In the title, type in the name you want people to see when they chose this new option. For purchase orders, we suggest just using Purchase Order (Offline Payment), but you can use whatever you’d like.
Notice you do have the option to type in some instructions. The content you type into the Checkout Page Instructions box will show on the cart’s checkout page, next to the Place Order button. For purchase orders you may want to use this section to put in some instructions that explain how to send in payment for their order or maybe even some messaging about any net terms you would like them to agree to. The content you type into the Thank You Page Instructions will show on the cart’s Thank you aka Completed page, which is the confirmation page that shows up after the user finishes the checkout process and clicks the Place Order button.
5. After filling out the fields, click the blue Activate button. You should now see your new payment method on the list.
Now that your new Purchase Order payment method is enabled go test it out by going into your storefront, adding items to your cart, and proceeding to checkout. You should see your new Purchase Order payment methods as one of the payment options.
Links to Related Articles.
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support