Do you have an existing domain that was purchased through Google Domains that you want to use for your PinnacleCart store? Would you like to know how to point it to our server? Then you've come to the right place!
First, make sure that your domain is using Google's name servers so that you can change the DNS settings (DNS zones, DNS records), such as the 'A record'. The 'A record' is the DNS record that holds the IP address your domain should point to. This is the record you'll need to change so it points to PinnacleCart servers. In doing this, your existing domain name then points to your PinnacleCart store.
Applies to Version(s): All versions
Complexity Level: Medium/Advanced/Expert
Note: For version 3.8.x and 3.9.x series your Server IP Address can be found within Cart Information, otherwise you may contact the support team to get your IP Address for your store.
How to set A record
- Click My Domains and then click the domain name.
- Click the DNS tab
- Scroll to the Custom Resource Records section.
- Add values provided by your web host in the gray boxed area using the + icon and Add button.
To edit resource records, do the following:
- Click the Edit button next to a set. This will make all the the records in the set editable.
- Click the + icon to add a record. Click the x icon to delete a single record.
- Click the Save button.
(As noted above, you can also add a record using the gray box. The record will be added to the matching set if one exists.)
Note: When you make changes to a resource record, it could take up to the length of the TTL time for the change to propagate. When you add a new resource record, it will be visible to Internet users in about 5 minutes.
To delete resource records, do the following:
- Click the Delete button to delete all records in the set.
- On the popup, click Delete again to confirm.
(As noted above, to delete a single record, use the Edit button and the x icon.)
Links to Related Articles.
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.