WorldPay was formed in 1989 and has grown to be a major global leader in payment processing. With operations in over 40 countries, WorldPay specializes in helping both small and large businesses take payments from all over the world.
Applies to Version(s): 3.9.x Series
Complexity Level: Advanced
Estimated Time for Completion: 10 minutes
In this article, you will learn:
Why Choose WorldPay?
WorldPay offers merchant accounts allowing you to trade online, giving you access to multiple currencies, and world-class fraud screening. It also allows you to accept more payments by offering all major card methods as well as PayPal through your eCommerce store.
Before you create a merchant account, you must create first a WorldPay account. You must ask WorldPay to configure the account to return the results of AVS and CVC checks in response to the initial submission of a transaction.
Collect the following information about your account from the WorldPay site:
- Installation ID issued to you by WorldPay support. (This is not your WorldPay Administration Code)
- Merchant Code provided to you by WorldPay. (This will be a unique identifier consisting of numbers and letters)
- Password for your WorldPay account
What is an Installation ID or instID?
Installation ID, also known as instID, is the unique reference number assigned by the WorldPay payment service to a single merchant installation for a Business Gateway merchant. Merchants can have one or more installation IDs that can be used in live mode or in test mode.
Where can I find it?
1. Log in to the Merchant Administration Interface using your username and password by clicking the URL link here.
2. Click Installations on the left-hand menu and you will see your Installation ID number (6-digit numbers).
How to Setup WorldPay Gateway
- Go to Settings > Payment & Taxes > Payment Methods. On the Other Payment Methods tab, go to WorldPay (United States) then click Open a Worldpay Account.
2. Enter the Installation ID provided by WorldPay after you sign-up. Click the Activate button and you're all set! You may use the URL to Gateway address here: https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase
Note: You also have additional settings namely Advanced, Presentation, and Other Settings to adjust your preference.
How to Use the Test Mode
When you first join WorldPay, it is best to start with the Test Mode on Worldpay Business Manager. This lets you get a feel of the layout, and view any test transactions you have submitted. You can also Capture, Cancel or Refund a test transaction and view the changes to the status. The Test Mode might also be useful for testing changes to your website.
The Test Mode of the WorldPay Business Manager gives you most of the features available in the Production (or Live) Mode, except that no funds are transferred in a transaction. You can use the Test Mode any time.
- To learn more about the test environment that operates behind the Worldpay Business Manager Test Mode, see the Test and Go Live Guide.
- To see how to switch to the Test Mode, click here.
Note: When using the Test Mode, please be aware that the tips which pop up when you hover over areas of the WorldPay Business Manager relate only to the Production Mode. Reports are not currently available in Test Mode, but will be available in the future release. For more information, please visit WorldPay US Support here.
Links to Related Articles
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support.