This guide will provide you with how to Upgrade your cart from 3.8.7 r2 to 3.8.7 r3. This outlines the steps and procedures needed to ensure this is done correctly and smoothly.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.7 r2 only.
Why should I upgrade to the latest version?
Keeping with the most updated software ensures you're not having issues with Payment Gateways, Shipping Options and you're receiving the best possible experience possible when using PinnacleCart.
What are my options?
As a customer you have a few options for this. I'll detail those out here for you to give you an opportunity to see what we can do to help.
Self-Upgrade: This will be an upgrade that you will do yourself, the information on how to do this will be provided in this article and the package to download will be provided for you as well. The suggestions for this method would be:
Upgrade by PinnacleCart: Put in a support ticket requesting this. (Please note, if you are a licesend customer please provide ftp access and your hosting panels access in this ticket)
How to get started
You will first want to make sure you're on 3.8.7 r2. To see that you are, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Billing.
Also once you login to the Admin it will look like this:
In the above Example it showing that my Test cart is on 3.8.7 r1, and the link is providing the option to update. You will want to follow the instructions closely here. If you have created a backup correctly and run into issues, this will allow you to restore quickly and efficiently then we in Support can see what went wrong and provide assistance.
Once you have Finished upgrading to 3.8.7r2 you can move on to the next step. You will want to make sure everything is in working order before doing so. So check the Admin by clicking around to different areas and making sure there are no errors. Move to the front end of your site and be a customer and go through checkout to make sure there are no issues there as well.
How to Upgrade from 3.78.7 r2 to 3.8.7 r3
1. Make sure existing cart has been updated to 3.8.7 r2 using php 5.4 or 5.6.
2. Download the upgrade package here.
3. Download to your local PC. Once the download has finished, unzip the package
4. Open up your FTP client and locate the folder on your computer. Login to FTP for the server and upload them to the root directory of your store. (Learn how to FTP here.)
5. Upload all files from the base 3.8.7 r3 cart package except for /content/cache/*. /content/skins/* /content/languages/* and /content/engine/engine_config.php (you can download this package from your iono account. You can get instructions of how to access iono from here.
6. Make sure your host has updated your php version to php 7.2.x otherwise things will fail to load. (please note, until the update is done your live site will be down due to the new version of php)
7. After the file uploads have completed, navigate to http://yourdomainname.com/update.php to run the database update script. This will now update your cart to the latest version.86. Once finished you can login and see if there are any further update links at the top of the admin area home page. If there, you will want to run each of them until the links no longer appear.
8. Using your ftp delete the /content/cache/smarty/skins/_admin (folder) and the /content/cache/languages/admin_english.php (file)
Finalizing the steps after upgrading
Links to Related Articles.
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support