By default, only the United States and Canada use States and Provinces. PinnacleCart does allow the ability to add or remove states to not only the US and Canada, but also to any other countries. So if you're looking to add Puerto Rico as a State to the US (instead of it's own country), or APO/PPO or remove states for shipping reasons, here's how.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.0 - Current
Complexity Level: Easy
Estimated Time for Completion: 5 minutes
How to Remove and Add States and Provinces to Countries.
1. Login to your admin area. Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Countries.
2. To the right of the Country you're adding to or deleting states from, click States/Provinces.
3. If you're deleting a state/province, click the Delete button to the right of the state.
4. If you're adding a state/province, click the Add State/Province button at the top right.
5. In the pop-up that comes up, enter the State/Province name in the first field, and the code to the right. The code is generally the abbreviation of the state/province, and is used to send to Real-Time Shipping carriers.
Links to Related Articles.
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support