PinnacleCart no longer hosts email so you will want to point your email to another host or setup email with them. The main part of this will be pointing your MX Record to GoDaddy
Applies to Version(s): All Versions for 3.8.0 and above (or Current)
What is a MX Record?
A Mail Exchanger Record (MX record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System that specifies a mail server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of a recipient's domain, and a preference value used to prioritize mail delivery if multiple mail servers are available.
And Example of a MX Record would look like the following (these are servers):
- aspmx.l.google.com 1
- alt1.aspmx.l.google.com 5
- alt2.aspmx.l.google.com 5
- aspmx2.googlemail.com 10
- aspmx3.googlemail.com 10
You would also need the MX Level and TTL (Time To Live)
The above example is of an MX record that is being edited/added to our system.
How to setup Godaddy Email
Login to your GoDaddy account. When you purchase a email plan or if you have an existing Domain Account you can setup email with Godaddy. These email Addresses will but customized with your Domain.
- Log into your Account Manager
- Click Email or Workspace Email depending on which your account at godaddy has.
- You will then want to click Manage
- At the top of the Email screen click Create. This will give you an opportunity to view your most frequently used items, or available Email Plan.
- Next enter the Email Address you want to create. For example: [email protected]
- Enter and confirm the Password for your email
- Agree to terms of service
When you login you will see a panel that looks like the following:
Next you will have an option to Continue or an option to Configure your email further.
- While logged into your Email, click on Manage
- Next click Create Forward:
- Forward this email address: Enter address you want to create (this is the one where you will forward to [email protected])
- To these email addresses: Enter the email addies you want to receive sent to the email addie you're creating
- Plan: Select forwarding plan (some plans will include this for free, so be sure to check with GoDaddy)
- Catchall: Select this option if you want this address to receive email sent to addies at your domain name that do not exist
- Enable auto reply: Select this option if you want to send an automatic reply to everyone who emails this address
Once your Email Forwarding is setup how you want, you will then need to make sure that the correct MX Record is associated to that Domain.
Links to Related Articles.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support