You can enable the Gift Certificate module in PinnacleCart so that your customer's can purchase Gift Certificates as gifts or use Gift Certificates to purchase products. In the 3.8 series a feature was added which allows you to generate Gift Certificates from the admin area.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.0 - Current
How to Enable the Gift Certificate Module.
- From the admin section of your cart, click Marketing > Gift Certificates.
- Click the Advanced Settings button and from here you can activate or deactivate the gift certificate module. This will enable the ability for users to purchase and use gift certificates on your website.
Adding Gift Certificates For Customers in Your Admin Area.
To add a gift certificate, click the ‘Add Gift Certificate’ button and fill out the following fields:
- First Name – First name for the customer getting the certificate
- Last Name – Last name for the customer getting the certificate
- Email – Email address of the customer getting the certificate
- Amount – Specify a numerical value here
- Voucher Number – Auto generated for you by default, but you can change it if you like
- Notify Customer – choose whether or not to send an email to the person getting the certificate
- Message – Custom message that gets sent out if you choose to send notification out to the customer of the cert getting created.
Then hit Save in the top right of the content area.
How Your Customers Purchase Gift Certificates.
After you enable the Gift Certificate module in the back-end, a new category named Gift Certificates will appear on the front of your site. It appears in the category section, but it doesn't function like a category.
A customer will click on this Gift Certificates category > Fill out the form and checkout to purchase the Gift Cert. They can choose to email it to someone as a gift.
How Customers Use Gift Certificates.
After the Gift Certificate is purchased, and you mark the order Completed, the recipient of the cert will receive an email containing a Voucher Code. This is the code they need to use the Gift Cert on your site.
After they add their items and proceed through checkout to the final checkout page, they will be presented with an option to pay with the Gift Certificate.
They will need to enter the First and Last Name exactly exactly how the purchaser of the Gift Cert entered it, along with the Voucher Code they received.
Links to Related Articles.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support