With our new feature, the Filtered Menu, customers can now easily filter products in categories by very specific filters that you set. Here's how to set it all up.
Applies to Version(s): 3.8.5 R1 - Current
Complexity Level: Medium
Estimated Time for Completion: 20 minutes
In this article you will learn
Enabling Filtered Menu.
1. Click Apps on the left hand side.
2. If you do not have any active apps, skip to step 3. If you do have active apps, click App Center on the right.
3. Look for and click on the Filtered Menu app.
4. Read the terms and conditions, and if you agree to both the terms and the price, toggle on that you agree with our terms and conditions and click Confirm Subscription.
5. Scroll through your active apps and click on Filtered Menu again.
6. Click the button for Setup Filtered Menus.
Creating a Feature Group.
A Feature Group is a group of features you can filter by. For example, if you sell clothes, shoes and sporting equipment, you would want to create a Feature Group for each of those, i.e. Clothes, Shoes, and Sporting Equipment. Later you would add actual Product Features, such as Size, Color, and Sex for Clothes, Size and Brand for Shoes, and Basketball, Football, and Outdoor for Sporting Equipment. Finally at the end, you would create the actual filters, like Large, Small, Men, Women, Balls, Hoops, Baseball Bats, etc.
1. Click Add Feature Group at the top right corner.
2. Type in the name of the Feature Group, make sure it's active, and click Save.
3. On the next page, click Add New Product Feature.
4. Add a Feature Name. Again, this is the feature you will actually have filters for, such as Size, Brand, Price, etc. Make sure Feature Active is selected and click Save Changes.
Adding Filters to Categories and Products.
Now that you've created the features you'll be filtering by, it's time to add to categories which features will be available, and add to products which options you can filter with.
1. Make sure Products is selected on the left, and click Categories in the sub-menu.
2. Select the category that you need to apply the filter group to, scroll down and expand out Product Features Groups and click Assign Product Features Groups.
3. Select the Feature Group on the left under Available Groups, and click the right-pointing arrow to push it to the right under Assigned Groups. Click Save Changes.
4. Next, click Products on the left hand sub-menu. Select the product that you will be adding the filter option to. Scroll down, expand out Features and choose Assign Feature Group.
5. Just like on your category, you will want to push the Feature Group from the left to the right and click Save Changes.
6. You will see your features in the Feature Group listed. Now just start typing the filters you want to apply to the product. Like mentioned before, if you're dealing with clothes and size, you might type in XXL, XL, L, M, S, XS. You might have another filter for sex where you type in Men's and Women's.
7. Save the product and click the link at the top to view it on the storefront. Go to its category and you will now see the filters listed on the category page. If you select the filter and click Apply Filter, only those products assigned to that filter will show up.
Links to Related Articles.
None at this time.
If you didn't get your question answered, please contact the Pinnacle Cart Support Team. To submit a ticket, go to the My Account drop-down menu at the top right of the admin area and select Support